Deadline: Open until filled.
Casey Trees, a nonprofit dedicated to restoring, enhancing and protecting the tree canopy of Washington, D.C., seeks a Volunteer Engagement Intern to assist our Education team with volunteer programming and educational events.
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of volunteer tree plantings, tree care and tree pruning events.
- Be present at volunteer and education events; interact with Casey Trees constituents.
- Assist in managing program registration and logistics of volunteer activities.
- Prep communications with partners and volunteers.
- Assist in management of volunteer programs.
- Assist in development of new volunteer and education programs.
- Assist with education programming and classes.
- Update volunteer tracking mechanisms.
- Assist with the follow-up of volunteer events.
- Be a representative of Casey Trees at events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with volunteer programming and strategic volunteer engagement.
- Must be able to work with adults and children of varying ages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have excellent organization skills.
- Must love working outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) skills.
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude and strong work ethic; good sense of humor appreciated.
- Demonstrated interest in Casey Trees’ mission.
- Prior experience in the nonprofit sector highly desirable.
- Available to work evenings on occasion.
POSITION DURATION AND COMPENSATION:
The position will start the as soon as possible in January 2017 and end in May 2017. This is a 32-40 hour per week position at $12-14 per hour commensurate with education and experience.
The Volunteer Engagement Intern will have a schedule that is mostly Tuesday through Saturday.
Please email the following items to Erica Young, Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of interest
- Availability including start date
- Contact information for three references
- Enter position title only into email subject line.
Applications are accepted until position is filled. No telephone or email inquiries please.
Casey Trees is an Equal Opportunity Employer