Deadline: Open until filled.
As Operations Director, you will bring your organizational leadership, attention to detail, and love of the environment to our growing nonprofit! We are looking for a highly motivated, systems-oriented thinker who can help TreeFolks deliver programs of high quality on time and within budget.
Critical skills include financial management and grant writing. This is a full time position with benefits reporting directly to the Executive Director. Some evening and weekend work required, particularly during the busy planting season (Oct-Mar).
TreeFolks empowers Central Texans to build stronger communities through planting and caring for trees. In its 25 year history, TreeFolks has facilitated the planting of more than 2 million trees to shade urban streets, beautify neighborhoods, clean air and water, and reforest Central Texas after natural disasters such as the Bastrop County fires and the Blanco River Memorial Day Floods.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director (ED), oversee internal operations to ensure that all services provided by TreeFolks are delivered with approved policies and procedures.
- Oversee the organization’s financial management functions including creation and management of the annual work plan and budget, providing periodic financial reports to staff and Board, processing expense reports for the bookkeeper and the annual coordination of the audit process.
- Oversee program workflow by assisting relevant staff on timelines and guidelines necessary to ensure completion of tasks.
- Advise ED on needed policy and procedure changes.
- Supervise administrative and bookkeeping support staff.
- In conjunction with ED, manage all public and private grants including implementation, data collection, reporting, writing, tracking, and development of new grant opportunities.
- Assist the ED and Development Director in developing a fundraising plan for grant management.
- Work closely with the ED to encourage positive staff morale and seek out appropriate professional development opportunities for all staff.
- Assure TreeFolks’ mission, programs, and services are presented in a strong, positive manner
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s preferred
- 2 years’ experience in financial management
- 2 years’ experience in grant writing
- Experience supervising personnel
- Familiar with the rules and regulations of non-profit accounting
- An appreciation of the environment and the mission of the organization
- An appreciation for the environment, trees, and willingness to learn
- Familiarity with Quickbooks and Salesforce or similar CRM software preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly through written correspondence
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to work with a wide array of personality types and community partners
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work some Saturdays, particularly during the winter season, and occasional evening meetings
- Maintain a Texas driver’s license in good standing.
- Ability to contribute and work as a team member within the organization.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and 3 references to email@example.com. Please also include your salary requirements in your cover letter.