Deadline: February 28, 2107
Trees Atlanta seeks individuals with experience working or desire to work with youth (elementary and middle school age) in classroom and outdoor settings in a teaching/coaching role.
Camp Interns will:
• Assist the Camp Counselors with classes and activities.
• Organize materials for lessons.
• Collect data.
• Monitor camper behavior as needed
• Ensuring camper safety
• Help supervise camper bike riding.
• Create positive memories for our budding environmental stewards.
• 16 years of age or older
• Desire to work with young students in 1st – 6th grades.
• Has experience or desires experience in environmental education.
• Ability to work in a team setting with a positive and collaborative attitude.
• Experience with arts & crafts.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
• Be available to commit to at least three-weeks, and work Monday through Friday from 8:15AM until 4:15PM (40 hours per week).
• Physically capable of active days outdoors in various weather conditions including: exposure to sun, heat, cold, inclement weather, and insects.
• Must be a confident and safe bike rider (must bring a bike and helmet)
• Must be physically fit and able to lift up to 25 lbs.
You will report to work at 112 Krog Street, #7, Atlanta, GA 30307 and will work in various locations in and around the Atlanta BeltLine, BeltLine Arboretum, and short field trips in the city.
Position: Junior TreeKeeper Camp Intern
Employment Type: Internship
Employment Status: Contractor
Start date: June 1, 2017 (mandatory training week: April 3 – 7, 2017)
End date: July 21, 2017 (July 3 – 7 is an unpaid, non-working week)
Apply by: February 28, 2017 (Roles may fill prior to deadline)
Reports To: Youth Education Coordinator
Please send your cover letter and resume to Colby Lyles firstname.lastname@example.org with “Camp Intern” in the subject line of your email.