Deadline: Open until filled.
Trees Atlanta, a non-profit, environmental organization, seeks a “can do!” Education Administrative Coordinator to be a part of our growing education program. This role is responsible for a wide range of tasks.
Candidates who are part operations-oriented (e.g., organize processes, keep track of data and reports, manage facility operations, etc.) and part people and communications-oriented (e.g., cultivate and communicate with our constituents, volunteers, and vendors; create program materials and promotions; etc.) would be an ideal fit. Your average work week will consist of up to 32 hours.
This role is a critical support function. As a member of the Trees Atlanta Education team, the Education Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for two key areas of responsibilities: 1) support the coordination and operations of all our youth, adult, and general education programs, and 2) manage the administrative and operational needs of the TreeHouse facilities, which includes (but isn’t limited to) ordering, supplies, vendor management, and general office management tasks. Most of your time will be dedicated to supporting programs. For a complete range of education programming offered by Trees Atlanta, please review carefully our website for more information. Candidates who support the Trees Atlanta mission and are knowledgeable about environmental or sustainability issues will enjoy our culture and find greater meaning working for our nonprofit.
Candidates should meet all or most of these requirements:
– Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office and Google Office Tools, including Gmail, Calendar, and Drive). Experience using a donor database (please indicate which, if relevant), MailChimp, and/or other software relevant for an office environment is beneficial.
– Proven ability to learn new software systems is imperative. This is an evolving role that will be shaped by the capabilities and drive of the individual selected. Demonstrated competency with technology, and ability to trouble shoot and be our technology go-to person is preferred.
– Efficient, gets projects completed in a timely way while balancing competing priorities.
– Strong attention to detail and has high standards for their own work.
– Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to work well with cross-functional teams
– Excellent oral and written communications.
– Problem-solver who can work independently and collaborate with diverse groups.
– Personable, responsible, reliable.
– Other duties as required.
– Must pass personal background check (we are an education center working with youth of all ages).
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
– Must love working with youth and with people in general – this job is highly interactive and frequently engages with visitors that include groups of students, adults of all ages and background, and volunteers. Plus, we like working with nice people!
– Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs and able and willing to set up/break down facilities for events, e.g., set out chairs/tables, ensure flyer and materials are available, etc. as necessary
– Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm. We will work with you to establish a standard schedule which works well for you and the needs of the business.
– The TreeHouse is a beautiful, converted factory space in the Stove Works complex filled with natural light. The Atlanta BeltLine is located 4 feet (!) from our back door. Marta train and Streetcar stations are located within a mile walk.
– A high level of “emotional intelligence” is beneficial because of the need to interact with a wide range of people in this role. In addition, you will work in an open office environment; therefore, should be able to work through occasional distractions and interruptions.
Location: Atlanta, Georgia. You will work at the TreeHouse: 112 Krog Street, #7, Atlanta, GA 30307. You will occasionally attend meetings and events at our headquarter office: Kendeda Center, 225 Chester Ave., Atlanta, GA 30316.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com. The subject line must be: Education Administrative Coordinator – PT. Learn more.