Deadline: Open until filled.
This is a full time non-exempt position. May require some nights and weekend work. The purpose of this job is to oversee the day to day and long range operations needs for Up With Trees.
● Manage the operations crew(s) in their daily tasks.
o Ensure schedules are prepared well in advance and are communicated to the crew.
o Determine equipment needs of the crew and scheduling for the week
● Coordinate with Project Manager regarding tree, plant and material needs for upcoming plantings
● Develop an annual budget for the operational needs of the organization.
● Oversee execution of all Operations projects – have the ability to take a large picture view of everything going on outside and implement it (or have it implemented) down to the details of the project.
● Review and order all equipment within budgetary requirements.
● Evaluate equipment needs and research recommendations for board consideration.
● Ensure that an accurate inventory for equipment is maintained by the Operations Support – Maintenance and Inventory.
● Oversee implementation of Up With Trees planting and tree distribution programs, including Apache and seedlings.
● Maintain database with all current and up-to-date operations information related to plantings, work done on sites, etc.
● Submit planting inventory paperwork in a timely manner to ensure inventory accuracy and facilitate invoicing of sponsors and/or Tulsa Beautification Foundation.
● Maintain good working relationship and open communications with city, county, and state departments including Storm water, Right of Way, Parks, DCC, ODOT and State Forestry.
● Work with board committees to promote the overall mission of Up With Trees.
● Work with Board of Directors and Executive Director to fulfill long term vision and goals of Up With Trees.
● Interview and hire operations personnel to ensure adequate workforce within staffing and budgetary requirements.
● Speak, as needed, to outside groups to raise community awareness regarding urban forestry and further promote the mission of Up With Trees.
● Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
● Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent. Prefer at least three years experience in an administrative role coordinating and/or supervising staff or volunteers.
● ISA Certified Arborist Certification or ability to obtain certification within six months of hire date.
● Ability to work with a diverse group of people with varying backgrounds, interests, and opinions to build an effective team.
● Must be punctual and reliable. Position also requires a high level of energy, motivation, creativity, persistence, and a positive attitude.
● Clean driving record.
To apply, individuals should email resume, cover letter and three references to Julie Davis, Associate Director, at email@example.com.