Deadline: Open until filled.
Our City Forest (OCF) Service Team Members are sponsored in part by the National Service organization, AmeriCorps, and are expected to commit to 1700 hrs of service. Team Members will have 2 weeks of all-team training beginning on September 13th.
Each Team Member will be assigned to a primary team by the 3rd week, but will support other teams when needed throughout the year. The teams are: Community Forestry (comprised of Planting, Tree Care, Lawn Busters), Community Nursery, or Communications/Outreach. All members will:
• be trained on the best practices of maintaining a green and healthy urban forest in the Silicon Valley,
• strive to maximize volunteer participation in their individual programs, acting as coaches and coordinators,
• conduct outreach to residents and businesses to garner investment and stewardship pertaining to our mission,
• provide friendly, professional customer service,
• actively seek opportunities for greening projects,
• organize and implement projects.
JOB DESCRIPTIONS PER TEAM
Proportion of field-to-office work varies with program and team assignment. Each team will have anywhere between 5-30 members and different roles will be assigned depending on interests, skills and the team’s needs as decided by the team manager. Please visit ourcityforest.org/careers for more detailed descriptions per team.
• U.S. Citizen or legal resident, with a high school diploma or equivalent, minimum age: 18
• Interest in affecting change through community organizing
• Ability to work well with diverse groups of people
• Must be available to work full time, 8:30am – 5pm, Tuesday – Saturday (shifts may start earlier, depending on team’s needs)
• Must be able to commit through end of service term
• Strong written & oral communication skills
• College degree is highly desirable
• Local, Bay Area residents are preferred but all are welcome to apply (Note: we do not provide housing)
• Valid driver’s license. Proficient in driving manual transmission and towing small trailers.
• Current Commercial driver’s license (to drive Tree Mobile for community events)
• Bilingual in English and Spanish, Vietnamese, or other language
• Familiar with ornamental and native tree and shrub species identification
• Knowledge or experience working with irrigation
• Experience with landscape design and/or landscaping
• FileMaker Pro, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe CS, Sketch Up software knowledge
• Graphic design, app development, programming, or website maintenance experience
• Complete Online Questionnaire
• Attach Cover Letter
• Attach Resume and include three professional references
Learn more and apply online.