Lincoln, NE (October 10, 2017) – Do you know individuals, organizations, or communities going above and beyond in tree planting and environmental practices? The Arbor Day Foundation is seeking nominations for the annual Arbor Day Awards.
- Friend of the Forest Award recognizes a corporation and its leaders for their commitment to using trees and forests to achieve corporate sustainability goals and targets.
- J. Sterling Morton Award is given to an individual who has had a positive impact on the environment due to his or her lifelong commitment to tree planting and conservation.
- Headwaters Award celebrates innovative rural or urban programs that support the improvement of water quality and quantity through forestry activities.
- Champion of Trees Award is awarded for demonstrating exemplary leadership for municipal tree planting and care, natural area stewardship, or arboriculture.
- Trailblazer Award recognizes an individual under the age of 35 who has demonstrated leadership in forestry, community forestry, research, or tree care.
- Spirit of Arbor Day Award is bestowed upon an organization or community whose programs and activities plant, nurture, and celebrate trees.
These awards, presented by the Foundation, recognize conservation efforts such as tree planting and care, Arbor Day celebrations, education, community projects, and roadside beautification on an international, national, state, and community level. Learn more about the awards and their criteria by visiting arborday.org/awards.
Nominations for 2018 awards will be accepted through November 3, 2017.