Deadline: Open until filled.
Trees Atlanta, a non-profit, environmental organization, seeks a “can do!” Education Administrative Coordinator to be a part of our growing education program. This role is responsible for a wide range of tasks.
Candidates who are a magic mix of operations-oriented (e.g., organize processes, manage data, create reports, manage facility operations, etc.) and part people and communications-oriented (e.g., work directly with volunteers, constituents, and vendors; create program materials and promotions; reply to emails, etc.) would be an ideal fit. This role is part-time and is limited to 24 hours per week.
This role is a critical support function. As a member of the Trees Atlanta Education team, the Education Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for two key areas of responsibilities: 1) provide administrative support for all our youth, adult, and general education programs, and 2) act as facilities manager of the TreeHouse (our office space), which includes, but isn’t limited to: ordering supplies, processing bills and invoices, vendor management, and general office management tasks. Most of your time will be dedicated to supporting programs. For a complete range of education programming offered by Trees Atlanta, please review carefully our website for more information (treesatlanta.org/learn). Candidates who can multi-task in an ever changing environment, support the Trees Atlanta mission and are knowledgeable about environmental or sustainability issues will enjoy our culture and find greater meaning working for our nonprofit.
Candidates should meet all or most of these requirements:
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, particularly Exel, and Google Office Tools, including Gmail, Calendar, and Drive). Please indicate level of expertise with any donor database and event management software you have used.
• Proven ability to learn and master new software systems is imperative. Demonstrated competency with technology, and ability to trouble shoot and be our office tools/equipment go-to person is preferred.
• Highly organized and gets projects completed in a timely way while balancing competing priorities for multiple staff members and programs.
• Excellent oral and written communications.
• Problem-solver who can work independently and collaborate with diverse groups.
• Personable, responsible, reliable.
• Takes initiative to identify what needs to be done and does it. A “not my job” attitude is not part of our culture. You will literally take out the trash at times or replace the toilet paper rolls. We all do.
• Must pass security background check (we are an education center working with youth of all ages).
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
• Must love working with youth and with people in general – this job is highly interactive and frequently engages with visitors that include groups of students, adults of all ages and background, and volunteers. Plus, we like working with nice people!
• Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs and able and willing to set up/break down facilities for events, e.g., set out chairs/tables, receive and stock supplies, etc. as necessary
• Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm. We will work with you to establish a standard schedule which works well for you and the needs of the business.
• The TreeHouse is a beautiful, converted factory space in the Stove Works complex in Inman Park filled with natural light. The Atlanta BeltLine is located 4 feet (!) from our back door. Marta train and Streetcar stations are located within a mile walk. Parking is provided for employees.
• A high level of “emotional intelligence” is beneficial because of the need to interact with a wide range of people in this role. In addition, you will work in an open office environment; therefore, should be able to work through occasional distractions and interruptions.
Location: Atlanta, Georgia. You will work at the TreeHouse: 112 Krog Street, #7, Atlanta, GA 30307. You will occasionally attend meetings and events at our headquarter office: Kendeda Center, 225 Chester Ave., Atlanta, GA 30316.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com. The subject line must be: Education Administrative Coordinator – PT.