Deadline: July 28, 2017
As the Volunteer/Communications Coordinator for TreeFolks, you will bring your love of people, storytelling, technology, and the environment together to build and enrich our vibrant community of volunteers, supporters, and partner organizations. We are looking for a motivated, innovative, fun loving and self-directed team member who is inspired by the energy our volunteers have to offer! This is a full time position with benefits reporting directly to the Urban Forest Programs Manager.
TreeFolks empowers Central Texans to build stronger communities through planting and caring for trees. In its 28 year history, TreeFolks has facilitated the planting of more than 2.5 million trees to shade urban streets, beautify neighborhoods, clean air and water, restore the Blanco River and reforest the Lost Pines in Bastrop County.
Responsibilities – Volunteer Coordination (70%)
• Develop a year-round volunteer program integrating volunteers into our existing CityShade, Neighborwoods, and Reforestation programs, as well as specialized year-round volunteer opportunities.
• In partnership with the Urban Forest Programs Manager and the TreeFolks Planting Committee, attend and implement roughly half of our 18+ CityShade planting events held primarily on Saturdays between Oct-March each year
• In partnership with existing staff, work to develop year-round volunteer opportunities throughout the program areas including specialized trainings for volunteer leaders
• Create and manage and volunteer appreciation program including events
• Creatively promote volunteer opportunities to neighborhood and corporate groups, on local event calendars, TreeFolks volunteer webpage and through social media outlets
• Proactively work to diversify existing volunteer base
• Provide regular program updates for use in outreach materials
• Maintain records to track volunteer hours, donated materials or services and overall impact
• Maintain photo database of volunteer events
• Assist Executive staff with events for volunteers, donors or partners
• Maintain and update Salesforce databases
• Assure TreeFolks and its mission, programs, products, and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive manner
Responsibilities – Communications Coordination (30%)
• Implement, evaluate, and assess the annual communications plan across the network’s discrete audiences in collaboration with the TreeFolks team and constituents
• Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all electronic publicity including ‘Looking Up’ newsletter (2 per month) and periodic email blasts (~1/month depending on need).
• Manage and delegate social media with assistance of existing staff and interns
• Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print collateral such as banners, brochures, and volunteer t-shirts with assistance of graphic designer
• Maintain media contact list and coordinate and distribute press releases
• Participate in management of TreeFolks’ website with assistance from existing team
• 4-year Bachelor’s Degree
• 2 years of experience in volunteer management
• Ability to communicate clearly through written correspondence
• An appreciation for the environment, basic knowledge of tree biology, and willingness to learn
• Strong confidence in public speaking, especially to large groups
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision
• Ability to work exceedingly well with a wide array of personality types and community partners
• Willingness to supervise interns
• Familiarity with Salesforce or similar CRM software strongly preferred
• Familiarity with WordPress and Emma strongly preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Ability to work Saturdays, particularly during the Oct-Mar planting season, and occasional evening meetings with adequate notice
• Maintain a Texas driver’s license in good standing.
• Ability to contribute and work as a team member within the organization.
Application Deadline: July 28, 2017
Expected Start Date: ASAP
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and 3 references to email@example.com. No phone calls.