Deadline: Open until filled.
The Volunteer & Administrative Coordinator is responsible for managing the volunteer program, fielding inbound communication, and managing office administrative tasks. This staff member employs efficient strategies to recruit, retain, and recognize all types of volunteers for all events and programming. The main goal of the volunteer program is to keep more than 800 volunteers feeling connected to and engaged in our work and mission.
This position also serves as the first point of contact for various groups and individuals including property owners and potential tree planters from across the city. The main goal of the administrative program is to respond to and process public inquiry in a timely and professional manner, as well as to be the point person for office needs. This staff member work closely with other staff, community members, and community groups in various settings. The Volunteer & Administrative Coordinator reports to the Program Director, with day-to-day supervision by the Community Outreach Manager.
Details and Responsibilities
Volunteer and Intern Coordination (~50% of time):
- Develop, promote, and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities within the organization
- Survey field staff regularly to assess needs for volunteer participation, and work to fulfill them
- Recruit, interview and place applicants for volunteer or intern work
- Publicize opportunities for volunteers and interns through various media
- Conduct and arrange for volunteer orientation and training using the Volunteer Handbook and Agreement
- Develop, manage, and hold volunteers to volunteer policies, procedures, and standards of volunteer service
- Maintain and track accurate records and provide timely reports on volunteer participation and volunteer hours
- Enter planting events on FUF online calendar, manage booking and RSVPs, and notify all volunteers of the event information and meeting locations
- Organize and participate in volunteer recognition programs and special events, including but not limited to appreciation messages and monthly e-newsletters
- Support Saturday events by planning and coordinating volunteer welcome and sign-in, bringing volunteer waivers and other materials, setting up and breaking down the sign-in table, and picking up and bringing coffee/pastries as needed
- Evaluate success of the volunteer program using volunteer surveys, and recommend improvements as appropriate
- Develop and maintain relationships with other volunteer organizations within the area
- Assist with recruiting participation in the Adopt-A-Planting program as needed
- Assist in the on-going management of interns with Education Manager
Administrative Coordination (~50% of time):
- Customer Communication
- Convert interested individuals into program participants or donors
- Enter new contacts and inquiries into Salesforce
- Clearly communicate donation possibilities to help FUF maintain a high level of support for future tree plantings
- Collect, manages and organize property owner roster for neighborhood tree plantings and ensures potential tree planter readiness
- Assisting Community Outreach Manager with customer correspondence.
- Assist planting managers in following up to support planter readiness
- Office Administration
- Welcome visitors to the office, answer the main phone line, and respond promptly to general questions and interests
- Keep up-to-date with all general office correspondences and take on office management tasks as they arise
- Maintain office organization, including physical office space, database and digital file tidiness and assist with preparing office space for meetings as needed
- Manage vehicle fleet, including insurance maintenance, repairs, and cleaning
- Work with other staff in day-to-day operations
- Survey staff needs for office supplies, kitchen supplies, and FUF merchandise, and make necessary orders
- Assist in ensuring that information on the FUF website is current, accurate, and user-friendly
- Assist staff with special events as needed
Hours & Compensation: Full Time
Annual Salary: $38,000 – $41,000 DOE
Benefits: Full health, dental and vision per Employee Handbook dated Feb. 2010
Interested candidates please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.