Deadline: Open until filled.
The Manager of Guest Services will oversee all operational services to ensure outcomes consistent with Garden’s Mission and Values for Guest Services. This includes direct management of staff and volunteers, developing and implementing schedules, overseeing the budget, performing retail purchasing and creating accounting reports. The Manager will actively participate interdepartmentally with the goals and events planned by the Cleveland Botanical Gardens.
1. Develops and implements strategies to improve customer service and drive retail profitability.
2. Selects and purchases merchandise in alignment with exhibits, events and seasons for an all-inclusive guest experience.
3. Creates merchandise displays to provide a welcoming, safe environment for all ages.
4. Ensures accurate recording and reporting of sales, daily reconcile transaction to revenue, deposit preparation, cash control, and credit card procedures for retail and ticketing functions.
5. Ensures that the day-to-day operations of the front desk and store are achieved qualitatively, effectively and within established budgetary guidelines.
6. Prepares monthly reports on retail & attendance by guest type.
7. Schedules staff, approves time records, and provides payroll documentation for personnel records.
8. Performs annual physical inventory of retail goods.
9. Develop flow patterns and staffing patterns between Ticketing and Retail areas to ensure guests receive outstanding service.
10. Provide a guest experience which provides a friendly environment, which must include greeting and acknowledging every guest, maintaining solid knowledge of The Garden and all other aspects of guest service.
11. Hire, orient, train and manage staff.
12. Assigns work and reviews performance to ensure assignments and quality standards are met and policy/procedure compliance.
13. Ability to coach and counsel staff as appropriate at time needed with follow-up.
14. Establishes productive communication and cooperation between Ticketing and Retail areas to improve core processes and communicate effectively with other departments.
15. Provides adequate training and communication for staff and volunteers to perform their work and effectively carry out department initiatives.
16. Conducts performance appraisals and identifies opportunities to develop staff in accordance with departmental and organizational goals.
17. Responsible for duties and projects as assigned by supervisor.
1. Minimum of 1-3 years of buying and retail experience and/or guest services
2. Experience with a POS/inventory system is preferred
3. Strong customer service skills and experience working with the general public.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Computer experience in a Windows environment using Word and Excel
6. Evening and weekend availability is essential
7. Flexibility in work hours to accommodate special events
1. Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks.
2. Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
3. Ability to effectively solve medium to complex problems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, and controls, reach with hands and arms, and have the ability to talk and hear. The employee must have the ability to exert 5 to 25 pounds of force occasionally.
Additionally, qualified candidates must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and common fractions, and decimals; ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages; ability to read and comprehend documents and write reports and business correspondences; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, guests, and the general public; ability to interact with the public and team members in a positive manner; ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form.
visit http://www.cbgarden.org/about/employment.aspx to apply.