Deadline: Open until filled.
Holden Forests and Gardens (Holden Arboretum and the Cleveland Botanical Garden) is recruiting for a Maintenance Technician position in our Facilities Department.
- Preventive maintenance and repair for our small engine equipment and vehicles (includes landscaping/farm tractors, mowers and implements)
- Interior/exterior maintenance of buildings, including plumbing, mechanical and light janitorial
- Erects, dismantles and stores tents for special events and program, at time providing on-site presence
- Assists with snow and de-icing of parking lots
- High school graduate – Technical school training a plus
- Three – five years of relevant building maintenance experience
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Certification in wastewater treatment and water supply a plus or the willingness to obtain certification
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record required to be covered on Holden Forests & Garden’s vehicle insurance policy
- Must pass a criminal background check, and substance screening
- Must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Job requires exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25-50 pounds of force frequently
- Ascend/descend stairs on occasion and travel by foot on unpaved or uneven terrain to transport oneself to various location on arboretum property
- Reach, kneel, bend and twist at waist, bend at knees, crouch, see, hear, touch, grasp objects, push, pull, sit
- Climb ladders, walk over uneven terrain
- Must be able to work indoors as well as outdoors in all weather conditions.