Deadline: Open until filled.
Holden Forests & Gardens is recruiting for an individual to mange the Human Resources function at the Cleveland Botanical Garden. They will be responsible for the overall administration and coordination of the HR function at the Garden which includes recruiting, benefits, employee relations, payroll, maintaining the HRIS database, personnel files and metrics for Garden staff.
- Reports to Director of Human Resources
- Works with Human Resources / Finance departments
- Works with Managers
- Works with Volunteers
- Cleveland Botanical Garden and 5 urban learning farms on the east side of Cleveland, Ohio, USA
- Located in the heart of Cleveland’s cultural, health, and education district, 10 minutes east of downtown Cleveland.
- Holden Forests and Gardens is 12th largest public garden in the U.S. It is comprised of two campuses, Cleveland Botanical Garden and Holden Arboretum.
- Attract, develop and drive retention of employees
- Primary contact for assisting with matters related to recruiting, compensation, benefits, workers’ compensation
- Coordinates and conducts first day orientation
- Works with hiring managers to create postings, screening questions and manage the hiring process
- Point of contact for department managers and temporary agency
- Coordinates all employment activities relative to interns and seasonal workers including recruitment,
- Verifies and processes bi-weekly payroll
- Handles employee relations counseling
- Coordinates and manages exit interview activities; reviews with terminated employee benefits, COBRA options
- Maintains organization chart, employee directory and employee files
- Provides timely accurate information for processing unemployment and worker’s compensation claims
- Ensures compliance with all government regulations and requirements including EEO poster postings and other required employment data
- Coordinates various all staff meetings and staff events and programs
- Assists in the development, implementation and revision of policies, handbooks and programs
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management
- Five+ years of Generalist experience with an emphasis in recruiting using social media
- SHRM-SCP or SPHR preferred
- Three years + of experience as a 1 person HR dept a plus
- Excellent communications/listening skill
- Experience with ADP or other payroll system preferred.
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule on an as needed basis
- Must pass a criminal background check / drug test
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record required to be covered on Holden Forests & Garden’s vehicle insurance policy
- Full Time
- 40 hours per week (occasional overtime required)
- Salary, exempt
- Wages: Negotiable