Deadline: December 9, 2016
The City of Lincoln Parks and Recreation Department is seeking qualified applicants for a new Community Forestry Planner (Park Planner 1) position. The person in this position will be working with community residents and Department staff in implementation of the City’s Emerald Ash Borer response plan.
The job responsibilities of this position include:
- Assistance in development of policies and procedures related to EAB response
- Working with neighborhoods and residents in planning public ash tree removal and replacement
- Overseeing contracts for planting of replacement ash trees – projected to be about 1,000 trees annually
- Staff support to our Community Forestry Advisory Board
- Development of a volunteer program for tree planting and possibly for young tree pruning
- Assistance in coordinating the street tree inventory work that will be occurring early next year and integration of this information with our new asset management system
It is desirable for applicants to have education and experience in arboriculture / urban forestry.
The position will be integrated within the Lincoln Parks and Recreation Department Community Forestry section, and will be under supervision of the Community Forestry Operations Supervisor. The person in this position will also work closely with staff in the Department’s Planning and Construction section, Administrative staff, the Nebraska Forest Service, and other community partners.
The position has an annual salary range of $52,251.68 to $66,360.32, and is eligible for City benefits including health care and dental insurance, life insurance and retirement benefits. Starting salary will be commensurate with prior experience.
People interested in the position and submitting an application can go to the City of Lincoln website at lincoln.ne.gov, keyword: jobs to access information about the position and how to apply. The position is listed with the Job # 201600457. The application process is on-line and applications are due by Friday, December 9.