Deadline: Open until filled.
Tree Davis is currently seeking an intern to fill the unique role of Bicycle Tree Monitoring intern. Tree Davis currently has over one thousand young trees recently planted in the Davis community by volunteers. We are looking for an individual who enjoys bicycling and loves trees to help us update our tree inventory by checking on each tree individually.
- The main role of the Bicycle Tree Monitoring Intern will be to inventory young street trees in Davis.
- Log vital statistics for each tree such as diameter at breast height, tree height, and condition.
- Help test and develop new tree inventory software.
- Attend volunteers events to train volunteers on how to use inventory software
- Execute basic tree maintenance when possible.
- Work with Executive Director to update tree information in the database.
- Prepare report to assess the most pressing tree care needs to be addressed by Tree Davis.
- Currently studying Horticulture, Urban Forestry, or related field or equivalent knowledge/experience.
- Basic tree identification knowledge.
- Must be hard-working and detail-oriented.
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude.
- Must be okay with working outside, be able to lift up to 40 lbs., and comfortable on a bicycle.
- Good tree identification knowledge.
- Basic tree care skills such as pruning.
- Interest in working in a non-profit environment.
TYPE: 10 hrs./week for 3-4 months (approximately 120 total hours)
Tree Davis has been serving the Davis community for more than 20 years. Tree Davis is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to enhancing and expanding the urban forest of Davis, California by teaching the people of our community to plant and care for trees. Tree Davis has served the Davis community for more than 20 years and has planted more than 6,000 trees in neighborhoods, campuses, and parks.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com or to Tree Davis, P.O. Box 72053, Davis, CA, 95617.
Tree Davis is an equal opportunity employer.