Lincoln, NE (August 29, 2005)- The National Arbor Day Foundation inspires people to plant, nurture, and celebrate trees. They also envision a world where trees and forests are abundant, healthy, and sustainable, and highly valued by all people.
Their goals are to:
* Build an organization of dedicated members who lead the way, and help individual citizens plant and care for trees to enrich the environment.
* Enhance the extent, health, and care, of the urban and community forests where they live.
* Advance rural land conservation and forest stewardship through the planting and care of trees.
* Help protect and improve the global environment by promoting rain forest preservation, urban and community forestry, and tree planting throughout the world.
* Educate and inspire young people and adults to understand, plant, and care for trees to build a better future.
* Expand the awareness of the need for tree planting and care by increasing publicity about Arbor Day and the number of people who celebrate Arbor Day.
* Manage Arbor Day Farm to support Foundation conferences and education programs, and to serve as a model of environmental stewardship.
For more information, visit the National Arbor Day Foundation.